the thankful list | A new Sunday tradition
In our kitchen we have paper taped to the wall. At the top is written, “I’m thankful for…” and beneath those words is an ever-growing list of things — some simple, some infinitely significant.
It started with one sheet of paper when my husband’s deployment was over and he came home…(thankfully) safe and sound. Since then the list has gotten longer and longer.
Do I have a perfect life with nothing to complain about? Of course not, but I learned something a while back that altered my perspective on life. For so long, I desired more joy in my life, but I was searching for it where it couldn’t be found. Then a dear friend reminded me that “thankfulness produces joy”. It’s true…I discovered that can’t just “get” joy.
Joy is a direct result of choosing to be thankful.
And so, for my Sunday post, I have decided to share with you a snapshot of my life, though the lens of our Thankful List.
- God protecting Daddy during his deployment
- My husband (<– hot stuff!) fixing the garbage disposal
- Our garden
- A husband who loves playing with the kids
- Garage shelves!
- A beautiful wife who loves me no matter what
- The food from the food bank
- A pregnancy that is (finally) healthy!
- Our new camping tent!
- Our new baby [born 2 months premature]! And Mama coming through the c-section